1541 Burlingame Avenue
1541 Burlingame Avenue, Burlingame
Offered at: $4,895,000
This is one of the most outstanding locations in Burlingame! Just steps from the Avenue, this home captures all the charm that Burlingame neighborhoods are known for. Plus, its prized ‘close to town’ location means you can leave your car home and stroll to your favorite coffee shop, restaurant or even the Apple store. The period charm has been maintained, as noted by the porte cochere and the divided light windows, but the home underwent a transformation that introduced modern amenities and improved the floorpan to reflect how families live today. Beautifully updated, this home features impressive ¾” hardwood floors that will preserve their patina for generations to come. Crown molding is impressive, the windows were custom built to retain the integrity of the architecture, while providing energy efficiency. These details which add elegance and sophistication are supported by modern features such as recessed lighting, surround sound and upgraded electrical to support our high-tech lifestyles. There is an equal balance between formal living spaces and more casual environments. French doors off the family room and kitchen open to Connecticut blue stone patios and a verdant green lawn shaded by a majestic oak. This expansion of the interior living space is well suited for enjoying California’s special climate. The kitchen is a dream, storage galore, durable and stylish finishes and a space large enough for multiple cooks or friends and family to gather. With a casual dining area at one end as well as access to the patio, dining options are expanded.
The stairwell to the upper-level has the added benefit of natural light that spills in from the landing and a skylight above, plus an art iron pendant light that casts a warm glow. Two family bedrooms have whimsical lofts, and share a hall bath. The master suite is spacious, and provides a flexibility one will enjoy. Designed for livability, while maintaining its architectural perspective has been successfully accomplished throughout this home.
For commuters, you will connect onto Highway 92 in less than 5 minutes, with access to highways 101 or 280, for trips to San Francisco or Silicon Valley. In addition, you have the option of multiple CalTrain stations and BART. For those with longer commutes you are just 6 miles from San Francisco International Airport. Downtown Burlingame is ‘walkable’ where you will find a multitude of diverse eateries and upscale services.
- 4 bedrooms, 3 full baths and a half bath; spacious 2-level floorplan of approx. 3,524 square feet
- This home was completely remodeled and updated 2008 by the current owners, and then impeccably maintained
- 8,533+/- sf lot and has been landscaped to provide privacy, and usable outdoor living spaces
- Inviting wide entry and huge coat closet
- Beautiful living room with exquisite hardwood floors (used throughout the home), high beamed ceiling, and an original architectural feature of the home along with a wood burning fireplace--Framing the front garden views are divided light windows
- Custom Canadian Loewen true-divided light dual pane windows designed to preserve the original architectural style of the home
- Formal dining room is light-filled with detailed crown molding and candle style chandelier
- Spacious eat-in kitchen with Shaw Apron front sink, professional grade appliances, (Viking 6 burner stovetop with griddle, plus 2 ovens; Bosch Dishwasher, Sub-Zero Refrigerator) an expansive island with honed, polished slate counters lit by school house lights, provides seating, and prep-space
- Every wall is lined by customized storage
- Double French doors open to a Connecticut blue stone slate patio, creating a flow that is ideal for everyday living and entertaining
- Adjacent to the kitchen is a spacious family room
- A wall of windows and French doors provide light and access to the large grassy backyard
- A feature wall is wired for a flat screen tv and is surrounded by built in bookcases for books and artwork
- A side entrance also has a convenient main-level half powder bath, and a laundry room with extra sink
- Main-level bedroom suite; This space could also be a home office if that would fit your style
- Upper-level has a sky-lit landing
- Spacious elegant master bedroom suite; The suite has a large closet, plus an enormous walk-in dressing room/closet; Double pocket doors open wide to reveal this customized space
- Refreshing private bath has two pedestal sinks, designer sconces and flush mounted mirrored medicine cabinets; A Kohler soaking jet tub is located in a cozy alcove; Frameless glass walk-in shower has black slate tile floor, white marble tile finishes and rain head shower head; Low flow Porcher toilet
- Two additional family bedrooms have customized closets, built-in desks and soaring ceilings that allow for a cozy loft areas – accessed by ladders; These bedrooms share a hall bath, filled with natural light, dual pedestal sinks and a tub/shower
- Detached 2-car garage with finished floor and wired for big-screen tv for use as a workout room
- Burlingame Public schools; www.GreatSchools.org
- Walking distance to vibrant Burlingame Avenue; Prime mid-Peninsula location allows access to Silicon Valley and San Francisco. The coast-side and Half Moon Bay are just a short day trip away; San Francisco International Airport is just 6 miles
- A remarkable location indeed....